Thursday 23 August 2012

Thursday's Thoughtful Thread - Simple Abundance

I have a book that sits under my coffee table.  I used to read it every day and then I got kind of busy.  It's funny but when you 'get busy' the first thing you tend to do is miss out on those little things that help you through the day.  So this morning I'm going to take me just an extra moment (because moments are more flexible) and read the entry for August 23rd.


The book is Simple Abundance, A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach.   And the message for today is about music being therapeutic.  Music can make a lot of difference to your mood and can be both calming and invigorating.  I have read this book a number of times now and wonder whether this entry prompted me to create my 'Soundtrack' Pinboard on Pinterest.  It holds a lot of uplifting and memorable pieces.  Some I'm sure will bring back memories for quite a few people.
 
Why not pop over and have a listen to one of my all time favourites, this was 'number one' the day my son was born, and will always bring a smile to my face.

Have a melodic week.


Catherine at The MacsX




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...