Tuesday 17 July 2012

From When to Now and Picmonkey Magic

Twittering about regular blog subjects on Sunday at #cbuk I did say that I try to do a Tuesday Treasury. I also said that this week I would try to focus on where my crafting has been and where I hope it's going. And so with the magic of PicMonkey found with the help of some fellow bloggersCraftyPainter and House Of Pinheiro I have produced my own little collage for this post.

From When to Now - variations in creativity

I've had quite a few creative endeavours.  There was my Interior Designs for Kids phase where I made soft furnishings for kid's rooms (1),(8),(11) and (13). I did give dressmaking a go working with a pattern (10) and with my own creation (4) for an 'Oscar's Celebration'.  My embroidered gift cushions were popular (2) and (12).  And I do enjoy creating with paint and brushes (5),(9) and (14).  My Etsy shop was launched with my jewellery made with ribbons, I do love different textures (6), (7) and (15).  And most recently I've gotten the embroidery and fabric bug again, taking part in the House Of Pinheiro Pincushion swap (3) and winning the Coats Best of British Cushion Competition with my London's Calling Cushion (16).  It's been quite a journey.

I really enjoyed creating the cushion and have been working with the design to create quite a few scatter cushions for my couch incorporating my love of texture and London - an ideal combination  for me.

Coats Best of British Cushion winner


Along the way I've come to realise how much I love drawing the designs for my creations and combining colours and textures.  I believe that I have finally happened upon my ideal crafting business.  Something that combines all the things I love, has many different facets, yet grows from a solid foundation and is just me.

In August I will be launching my new line and am super excited and so looking forward to it.

In the meantime don't forget my Christmas in July sale continues over at Etsy - drop by and pick up an extra special gift for someone.



Till next time


Catherine at The MacsX


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...