Monday 18 June 2012

CRAFTfest Critique

Well that was the week that was CRAFTfest.  And if the aim were to increase Twitter followers and blog visitors then tick all done.  If the aim were to make sales in the same way as at an organised Craft Fair then 'nil points' would be the result on that one.

Now there are those that would say that for £5.00 I got my moneys worth.  But the true cost of CRAFTfest was so much more.  There was the ample time spent on blogposts, twitter, treasury creations on Etsy, email.  There was a lot of white noise.  And, for me, it was all pretty exhausting without the added bonus of any financial or great creative return.

I am not one for the glass being half empty or other such negative phrases. The positive note for the week, along with the lovely people I met, was the development of my No Rules Creative Runway - all will be revealed on Wednesday.

One of the things I love about the Craft'sphere is that everyone spreads the love highlighting everyone else's work - you just know there's a but coming - but I'm not going to be able to give up the day job on that love alone.  So I've been given the kick to get my store in order - I am envisaging great things.

As a sales tool, for me, Craftfest was not a success.  As a learning experience it gave a lot of food for thought.


Catherine @ The MacsX


2 comments:

  1. really interesting feedback as was wondering if I should try to do craftfest next year, and have been worried about exactly what you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I had different ideas about what an online craftfair would be. I'll email more info.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...